Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Great Cascade Wine Red: Report #3

It has been over a month since I reported on the Great Cascade Wine Red plant and the progress it is making as a container plant for my balcony. Why you ask have I not blogged about Great Cascade?  Well, there has not been much to report.  Otherwise known as Creeping Gloxinia Lofos Wine Red, I received these as very small plants in early May.  They have spent the last month and a half growing in size, but no cascading flowers.

In the Great Cascade Wine Red Information post I mentioned that a grower stated that it would have prolific red flowers after the vine had filled the container and I worried that using a three gallon container was too large?  Well, I was right.  This vine has continued to grow over the past month and a half, but has not started to flower:



This might be the first Great Cascade Wine Red flower for the summer:




What has your experience been?  Were you lucky enough to have purchased a mature Great Cascade Wine Red from a nursery or garden center?  Are you getting flowers late June?

No comments:

Post a Comment